Davenport, Iowa | Development Team
Job Type: Full-time
What do we do?
At TapOnIt, we’re all about helping businesses reach their customers in the fastest and most direct way possible – via text message!
TapOnIt provides a text message SaaS solution allowing businesses to creatively communicate with their customers. Companies of every size and industry are using TapOnIt to build, retain, engage and monetize first-party databases.
What does this job entail?
- Working with cloud services and infrastructure (AWS)
- Updating relational databases schemas (PostgreSQL Server)
- Managing in-memory key-value data stores (Redis)
- Deploying updates in AWS • Analyzing biz requirements and designing software features in microservices environment
- Modern software engineering environment (bitbucket, jira, confluence)
What qualifications does this role require?
- Associate degree / at least 2 years training in Computer Science / IT / Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL Server), in-memory key-value data stores (Redis), Amazon Web Services
- Authorization to work in the United States
What are the preferred qualifications for this role?
- Knowledge of the mobile industry and text messaging
- Familiarity with the commercial software development process with good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking and branch management (JIRA/confluence/bitbucket)
- PHP Development skills
- Self-management and strong prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, developers communicate with customers and key stakeholders directly
- Highly motivated, team player with a track record of technical leadership and technical collaboration
What can we offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Paid time off. Plus, birthdays off and the office is closed between Christmas and New Year’s!
- Health Insurance- covering 75% of employee health plan, and access to dental and vision
- $25,000 life insurance policy provided for all employees and access to additional life insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Promotion and bonus opportunities
- Education and training opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Hypoallergenic office dog: Ollie, Chief “Barketing” Officer
- Flexible work schedule
TapOnIt is an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
Visa Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.